Compassionate Care During any Eye Emergency
An eye emergency can constitute a number of different situations: an injury, sudden vision changes, strange pain. It can be difficult to know what to do in these moments, but you shouldn’t hesitate when it comes to your eyes. Many injuries and eye diseases can cause long-term consequences to your vision and eye health.
If you’re experiencing symptoms related to an eye emergency, please call us immediately. We’ll make accommodations to ensure you receive the care you need.
Eye emergency symptoms can include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Sudden vision loss in one or both eyes
- Sudden changes to vision (like double vision)
- Eye pain
- New or severe headache
- Bleeding or discharge from or around the eye
- Bruising (black eye)
- Red or bloodshot eyes
- Itchy, stinging, or burning eyes
- A constant feeling that something is in the eye (foreign body sensation)
- New sensitivity to light
- Sudden swelling of the eyes or eyelids